Swipe a card that contains a magnetic strip through the reader. Verify the Magnetic Stripe Data appears in the Track 1 Data, Track 2 Data, and Track 3 Data boxes. Double-click the 'MFCClient4CO.exe' file in the following folder to open the MSR QA Tester window: C:Program FilesMagTekMTDInstall. (MSR605 & 206 Magnetic Card Reader & Program Software for Windows 98/Me/XP/Vista/Windows7 & 3-track version can read/write all three tracks data, 300-4000 oe & Support USB Communication) MSR605 Magnetic Card Reader Writer Encoder Stripe Swipe Credit Magstripe MSR206 129 $88 00.
In this article, we will present the top 10 best credit card reader writer available on the market, along with our expert reviews. Get one of them and have fun! You’ll love it!
In Hurry? Checkout Our Top Pick Of Best Credit Card Reader Writer.
Best Credit Card Reader Writer
NEW Bluetooth MSRX6(BT) Magstripe Encoder Credit Card Reader Writer Swipe MSR206 MSR605 MSR606 MSRX6
Deftun Bluetooth MSR-X6(BT) MSRX6BT Magnetic Stripe Card Reader Writer Encoder Mini Portable
OSAYDE PRO USB Silver Magnetic Credit Card Reader Writer Encoder +10 Blank Cards
Misiri X6 Smallest USB 3 Tracks Mag VIP Card Reader Writer Encoder
MSR X6(BT) Bluetooth Magnetic Credit Card Reader Writer Encoder Stripe MSRX6BT MSR206
OSAYDE USB Magnetic Credit Card Reader – New 880 for Magstripe,IC,NFC and Psam Cards Reader and Writer, with 20 PCS Blank Cards
SZTW909 USB Credit Card Reader Magnetic Stripe Card Reader Writer with 3 Tracks, for Credit Card, Debit Card, Gift Card, Club Membership Card All Magnetic Swipe Card with 10 Blank Cards
Smallest X6BT Bluetooth USB-Powered Card Reader Writer USB Blank Card Writer Card Device
1. Smallest USB Magstripe Credit Card Reader Writer
2. NEW Bluetooth MSRX6(BT) Magstripe Encoder Credit Card Reader Writer Swipe MSR206 MSR605 MSR606 MSRX6
3. Deftun Bluetooth MSR-X6(BT) MSRX6BT Magnetic Stripe Card Reader Writer Encoder Mini Portable
- The world’s only wireless bluetooth magnetic stripe credit card reader writer,smallest and portable
- Hico and loco: all compatible (300~4000 oe), Three Tracks: track 1,2,3, Functions:read, write and erase, LED indicator, applicable and full support for ISO 7811-6 standards
- Bluetooth and USB interface works with Windows OS, Android, Mac OS, iPhone and iPad
- Download “EasyMSR” from “Google Play” or “App Store” for Android Mobile/Tablet or iPhone,iPad Using
- Free software for Windows and Mac OS. Paid APPs for Android and iSO(iPhone, iPad), about $20 for the EasyMSR app
4. OSAYDE PRO USB Silver Magnetic Credit Card Reader Writer Encoder +10 Blank Cards
- High-grade unique portable design, makes it look elegant when put it anywhere.
- Multifunctions: Read, Write / Rewrite, Erase, Copy, Compare, Write from file, Read to file, Setup and Change Password.
- System Supports: Windows 98/2000/me/xp/vista7/8/10(32&64)
- LED lights indicate its working status. Automatically double check function when you’re writing data.
- Safety: Built-in over-voltage, over-current, leakage, short circuit and anti-interference protection module.
5. Misiri X6 Smallest USB 3 Tracks Mag VIP Card Reader Writer Encoder
- Functions: Read, Write, Copy, Erase, Compare, Save to File, File to Write,
- Hi-Co & Lo-Co: All compatible (300~4000 oe), Tracks: Track 1,2,3, Swipe: Manual Single Direction,
- Power Supply: USB, Interface: USB, Standard: ISO7811/1~6,AAMVA,DMV
- Compliant OS: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP/vista/7/8 (32&64), Mac OS, Linux and Unix,
- Dimensions: 5.5X1.6X1.6 inch Weight: 145g (5 oz or 0.32lb)
Magnetic Strip Reader Writer Software
6. MSR X6(BT) Bluetooth Magnetic Credit Card Reader Writer Encoder Stripe MSRX6BT MSR206
7. OSAYDE USB Magnetic Credit Card Reader – New 880 for Magstripe,IC,NFC and Psam Cards Reader and Writer, with 20 PCS Blank Cards
- The device can work for more, Magstripe, IC, NFC and Psam cards Read, write and wipe ,It can support system window98/2000/10/XP/VISTA/7/8, but doesn’t support MAC OS.
- MSR 880 design with NFC cards reader that can apply more situations. And it can read and wrote over 10000000 times.
- The design of High / low resistance to magnetic stripe (300-4000 OE) function makes it to read and write to all three-track magnetic heads.
- OSAYDE provides one year warranty for main parts. FCC CE standard. You just need to “add to cart”.
8. SZTW909 USB Credit Card Reader Magnetic Stripe Card Reader Writer with 3 Tracks, for Credit Card, Debit Card, Gift Card, Club Membership Card All Magnetic Swipe Card with 10 Blank Cards
- Reading/Writing all 3 tracks magstripe stripe card complied with ISO formats
- Support Hico and Loco magentic card
- Friendly-use Software, easy to read, write, copy and erase magnetic card datas.
- Package come with User manual CD and 10pcs free blank magnetic cards
- light and small, No need adapter, easy to use by USB connector
9. Smallest X6BT Bluetooth USB-Powered Card Reader Writer USB Blank Card Writer Card Device
- Functions: Read, Write, Copy, Erase, Compare, Save to File, File to Write
- Hi-Co & Lo-Co: All compatible (300~4000 oe), Tracks: Track 1,2,3, Swipe: Manual Single Direction
- Compliant OS: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP/vista/7/8 (32&64), Mac OS, Linux and Unix
- Bluetooth: X6BT Card Reader Writer – Bluetooth enabled and USB powered, LED indicator.
- Packing: With X6 (BT) Card Reader Writer , 20 blank white cards, USB cord , bluetooth dongle and software disc.
The magnetic stripe reader driver sample demonstrates how to create a universal driver for a magnetic stripe reader and is intended to be used as a template for creating a new driver. The sample uses the User-Mode Driver Framework (UMDF) 2.0 and demonstrates basic functionality such as claiming the device for exclusive access. The sample driver can be compiled and deployed on x86, amd64, and ARM platforms.
Microsoft Visual Studio (any version)
The Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) 10 is also required, but this is installed as part of Microsoft Visual Studio.
The sample driver does not require any magnetic stripe reader hardware to function because it operates on a software device. If you have a hardware device you wish to use with the sample, you can still use the driver by adding the device's hardware ID to the INF file.
Download and extract the sample
The Windows driver samples are available on GitHub.
Magnetic Stripe Reader Writer Software
Download Windows-driver-samples-master.zip. This file contains all Windows Driver Kit (WDK) samples.
Extract Windows-driver-samples-master.zip to the location of your choice on your development machine. This location will be referred to as
<sample_root>throughout the remainder of this article.
Open the driver solution in Visual Studio
In Windows Explorer, navigate to the
Double-click the solution file, MagneticStripeReader.sln to open the solution with Visual Studio.
The project zip file was downloaded from the Internet so you may see a security warning when you open the solution. If you do, click OK to finish loading the project.
In Visual Studio, locate Solution Explorer. If this is not already open, select Solution Explorer from the View menu. In Solution Explorer, you can see the project and the source files it contains.
Build the sample using Visual Studio
From the Standard toolbar in Visual Studio, select the Solution Platform that matches your operating system platform. For example, if you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, select x64.
If targeting the ARM platform, you will need to use the configuration manager to add ARM to your list of targets.
Select Build Solution from the Build menu.
Install the driver
When built, the driver was signed with a test certification. In order to install the driver for testing, you need to change your boot configuration to allow drivers signed with a test certificate to load. To change the setting, open up an elevated command prompt and enter the command:
bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING on
Reboot your machine.
If test-signing had been enabled previously, a reboot is not necessary.
From an elevated command prompt, navigate to the folder where your project was built. If you created an x64 debug build, this folder will be
In that folder, you will see the following files:
File Description SampleMagneticStripeReaderDrv.dll The driver file. SampleMagneticStripeReaderDrv.inf An INF file that contains information needed to install the driver. samplemagneticstripereaderdrv.cat A signed catalog file, which serves as the signature for the entire package.
Identify the path to the Device Console utility (devcon.exe) that matches your OS and driver platform. The default locations for the x64 version is
C:Program Files (x86)Windows Kits10Toolsx64.
Type the following command, replacing <devcon_path> with the path to the devcon.exe file that you located in the previous step.
'<devcon_path>devcon.exe' install SampleMagneticStripeReaderDrv.inf RootSampleMagneticStripeReaderDrv
You will see a Windows Security dialog informing you that the publisher of the driver can't be verified. This is because the driver was signed with a test certificate. Click Install this driver software anyway. In a moment, you will see confirmation that your driver was installed correctly.
If the Device Console utility wasn't able to install the driver, confirm that you were using the one that matches your current OS platform and the platform of the driver.
View the device in Device Manager
Open Device Manager. This can be done many ways, but if you're still in a command prompt then type
In Device Manager, choose Devices by type from the View menu.
Your device is listed under the Samples node.