If you have an Acer Iconia Tab A500 or A501 tablet that launched with Android 3.0 Honeycomb onboard an update should be landing soon that will take the tablet to the latest version of Android. The update brings the A500 or A501 to Android 3.2. The update is supposedly rolling out as we speak in Poland. If you have one of these tablets in the US or other countries and have been able to download the update let us know.
- Android Os 3.0 Honeycomb Download
- Download Android Honeycomb 3.2 For Tablet Download
- Android Honeycomb Iso
- Download Android Honeycomb 3.2 For Tablet Windows 10
The update is supposed to be rolling out OTA. The new update adds the same features to the A500 that Android 3.2 will bring to other devices with the ability to scale apps made for smaller screens to take up the entire 10.1-inch screen of the A500. The zoom feature uses pixel scaling. The app will also speed the tablet overall and allow the synchronizing of media from the SD card.
Sister site Android Community reviewed the Iconia Tab A500 back in April and liked it well enough. The tablet has a 10.1-inch screen, uses the NVIDIA Tegra 250 Cortex A9 processor, and has front and rear cameras. The front camera is a 2MP unit and the rear is a 5MP offering. It has 16GB of integrated storage and a SD slot for expansion.
- Nov 10, 2011 Today, courtesy of vujke025 over at XDA-Developers, we bring you the ViewComb 3.2 custom ROM based on Android 3.2 Honecyomb for the ViewPad 10S (Advent Vega). The ROM is said to be a full fledged working Honeycomb port for the deivce with GPU acceleration working as intended with the Honeycomb OS, and is based on the already successful VegaComb.
- Tablet / Device: Vizio VTAB 1008. Okay, I am running Honeycomb on VTAB1008. SN TFCILAAM2931475. Kernel 188.8.131.52+. Just got the update notification and loaded it without a seocnd thought - dangerous I know. My tablet was not rooted so I am running stock everything. I'm going to take a few hours and try all my stuff out before.
If you have an Acer Iconia Tab A500 or A501 tablet that launched with Android 3.0 Honeycomb onboard an update should be landing soon that will take the tablet to the latest version of Android.
[via Android Community]
Procedure to update Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 with Honeycomb 3.2 DDKL2 Firmware:
- Download DDKL2 Honeycomb 3.2 Firmware in your computer and extract the same along with Odin tool. After this, enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”
Android Os 3.0 Honeycomb Download
- Once both the files are downloaded, open Odin tool in your computer and turn Off your Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 so as to enter the device in the download mode. Download mode in Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 can be entered by Pressing Volume Down button and power ON the device.
- Once download mode is entered, with the help of USB Cable connect the device to the computer. As soon as you connect, you will see that ID : COM section in odin will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers are installed successfully and you are ready to proceed to the next step.
- Now, all you need to do is to click on “PDA” and select “P6200DDKL2_P6200ODDKL1_P6200DDKK5_HOME.tar.md5” file. Once the file is selected, check the same and click on “Start” for initiating the firmware update process.
- It will take round about 10 minutes for applying the firmware update. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted and then you will be prompted to enter the Google account credentials and also other network related settings.
- After this, you need to turn Off the tablet so as to enter the device in the recovery mode. Recovery mode in Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 can be entered by Pressing Volume Up button and power ON the device.
- Just to ensure that the firmware is applied successfully, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where you will find the version of DDKL2 Honeycomb 3.2 firmware. If there is any other version then do let us know in the comments section below.
Download Android Honeycomb 3.2 For Tablet Download
Android Honeycomb Iso
Note: Restore all the data which you have taken the backup before and also ensure that you have also restored the apn settings which are responsible for accessing the internet.
Download Android Honeycomb 3.2 For Tablet Windows 10
Do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to sort out the same.